The Atlanta Geological Society is one of the most active professional groups in the Southeast. Our membership and dues are structured simply:
Professional Membership $25
Student Membership $10
Corporate (up to 4 members) $100
We’ve made it easy for you to pay your membership dues online.
Go to: https://squareup.com/store/atlanta-geological-society now and update your membership for 2017.
After your payment has been made, please download the membership form, complete the appropriate fields, save and email to John Salvino.
Alternatively, you could bring the form and your cash, check or credit card to the next meeting. Or mail it to the address on the form.
Dues are payable at the beginning of the calendar year.
Your membership dues must be up to date to join us for the June 2017 Social.
Benefits of an AGS membership:
- Location – AGS meets at the Fernbank Museum of Natural History, which is a truly awesome facility central to most of our membership.
- Cost – AGS membership ($25 general; $10 student) is the most inexpensive for any geological society in the SE.
- Active – AGS holds nine lectures a year and is one of the most active geological societies in the SE.
- AEG – For one of our lectures, AGS co-sponsors with the Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists to annually present the “Richard H. Jahns Distinguished Lecturer” while in Atlanta.
- PDH – AGS is recognized by Alabama, South Carolina, and other professional state boards to provide Professional Development Hours for our lectures, as well as field trips and workshops.
- PG Classes – AGS offers nearly monthly Professional Geologist development training classes in preparation for passing the ASBOG examinations and has been recognized by the Georgia State Geologist as enhancing PG test scores for participants.
- Free Food – AGS offers free pizza and Coke at all of our regular meetings, sandwiches and hors d’oeuvres at the Jahns lecture, and a sit-down BBQ dinner at our June social.
- IMAX – As part of the June social, AGS and Fernbank present a free IMAX movie.
- Networking – AGS meetings include professionals, academics, regulators, and others who all share the same interest in geological sciences.
- Resume – AGS membership and even involvement in one of our many committees will enhance any resume.
- Be a speaker – need practice for speaking in front of a group, defense of a thesis? AGS would like to help you prepare for your important talk.
Don’t delay join today!